We’re seeking a couple research analysts to join our team in Montreal (our headquarters).
Essentially we’d like additional research analysts for enterprise software subjects such as BI, asset management, ERP, etc. Candidates must be able to apply critical thinking skills to all aspects of their research.
If the following job description interests you, please contact us.
A successful candidate will be expected to use his or her experience, knowledge, and information gathering skills to analyze trends and related developments within the space. TEC expects its analysts to synthesize their research into articles, reports, blogs, and face-to-face support helping clients make well-informed decisions.
- Expertise in a variety of enterprise software subjects, particularly BI, ERP, and surrounding technology issues
- Ability to analyze facts about the enterprise software industry
- Strong capacity to communicate difficult concepts in writing for the layperson
- Ability to analyze client requirements for software
- Previously published articles, reports, or other documents regarding enterprise software issues
- Acquaintance with analyst relations personnel and processes is desireable
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Stay up-to-date on the market for the given field, sense the pulse of the market, and provide feedback to business development teams
- Develop TEC analysis models used for our decision support knowledge bases (KB) and requests for information (RFI)
- Ensure TEC models continue to address client and vendor requirements, functionality, services, and other factors relevant to the subject
- Review all vendor responses to RFIs
- Certify vendors that join TEC’s programs (functional analyses)
- Develop analyst relations contacts with vendors
- Write research articles and reports (on software selection and related issues for clients and vendors)
- Work with TEC clients to model their business processes and map these to functional aspects of enterprise software systems
- Consult with TEC clients to answer their questions about enterprise software issues.
- Be a reference source for TEC analysis models
- Assist with vendor contacts, client questions, and internal questions
- Assist in TEC research efforts related to the analyst’s focus area
- Provide critical synthesis and development assistance for regular TEC projects, based on research