Today in London (UK), Oracle announced the new 11g release of its Business Intelligence solution suite. There’s much interest in seeing how Oracle will be directing specific efforts to competing in the business intelligence space with this new version. This question will soon be answered upon investigating their new BI tool’s functionality, features, and improvements.
Part of this important set of new features are:
• The incorporation of a new application called Oracle Scorecard and Strategy Management to track metrics and KPIs aligned with companies’ goals.
• The incorporation of OLAP, MOLAP, and relational reporting in a common technology foundation.
• A thin-client report design editor.
• A feature called Action Framework to enable users to relate information and action within a process.
• The addition of the Oracle Hyperion Financial Management as a supported data source.
Other important enhancement is the integration with Oracle Secure Enterprise Search, which will enable casual users to find relevant reports with ease.
These are just some of the new features of Oracle’s new Business Intelligence suite release. In this regard, Paul Rodwick, vice president of Product Management, Oracle Business Intelligence, mentioned: “Oracle Business Intelligence 11g delivers the complete spectrum of business intelligence capabilities, spanning enterprise reporting, scorecards, dashboards, ad hoc queries, OLAP analysis, search, and actionable collaboration on an integrated technology foundation.”
I welcome your thoughts—please leave a comment below, and I’ll respond as soon as I can.
Poll: Are you excited about this new release?